Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The 101 Project: 100 Songs I Could Listen To Forever

1. "Aeroplane Blues" by the Black Keys
2. "Ai Du" by Ali Farka
3. "A Sunday Kind of Love" by Beth Rowley
4. "Atlas" by Fanfarlo
5. "Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing" by Chris Isaak
6. "Babylon" by Angus & Julia Stone
7. "Back 2 Good" by Matchbox Twenty
8. "Badfish" by Sunblime
9. "Barton Hollow" by The Civil Wars
10. "Black & Gold" by Sam Sparro



11. "Black Velvet" by Alannah Miles
12. "Brick" by Ben Folds Five
13. "Brookylyn Bound" by The Black Keys
14. "Busted" by The Black Keys
15. "Clair de Lune" by The APM Orchestra
16. "Cold" by Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz
17. "Comptine D'un Autre Ete: L'apres Midi" by Yann Tiersen
18. "Cosmic Love" by Florence & The Machine
19. "Covered In Rain" by John Mayer
20. "Crying at the Discoteque" by Alcazar



21. "Cumbersome" by Seven Mary Three
22. "The Drumming Song" by Florence & The Machine
23. "Elevator" by The Black Keys
24. "Ever The Same" by Rob Thomas
25. "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star
26. "The Flame" by The Black Keys
27. "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine
28. "Footprints on my Ceiling" by Social Distortion
29. "Friends" by Band of Skulls
30. "Girl With One Eye" by Florence & The Machine



31. "Give Your Heart Away" by The Black Keys
32. "Glorybox" by Portishead
33. "The Greatest" by Cat Power
34. "Haywire" by Dogs Eye View
35. "Hearts A Mess" by Gotye
36. "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
37. "Hometown Glory" by Adele
38. "Howl" by Florence & The Machine
39. "I Didn't Mean It" by The Belle Brigade
40. "If You Don't Know Me By Now" by Simply Red




41. "I'm Not The One" by The Black Keys
42. "Immigrant Song" by Karen O, Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
43. "Inertiatic Esp" by The Mars Volta
44. "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
45. "Into The Mystic" by Van Morrison
46. "Just A Little Heat" by The Black Keys
47. "The Lengths" by The Black Keys
48. "Let Me Sign" by Rob Pattinson
49. "Let's See It" by We Are Scientists
50. "Lies" by The Black Keys



51. "Life on Earth" by Band of Horses
52. "Lights" by Ellie Goulding
53. "Little Black Submarines" by The Black Keys
54. "Look After You" by The Fray
55. "Look For Me (I'll Be Around)" by Neko Case
56. "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele
57. "Man Down" by Rihanna
58. "Me & Mr. Jones (Fuckery)" by Amy Winehouse
59. "Mean Monsoon" by Dan Auerbach
60. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers



61. "Must Get Out" by Maroon 5
62. "My My My" by Rob Thomas
63. "Neon" by John Mayer
64. "Northern Lights" by Cider Sky
65. "Not Coming Home" by Maroon 5
66. "Oh Napoleon" by The Acorn
67. "Part One" by Band of Horses
68. "Push & Pull" by Nikka Costa
69. "Raining In Baltimore" by The Counting Crows
70. "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley



71. "Requiem On Water" by Imperial Mammoth
72. "Rosyln" by Bon Iver & St. Vincent
73. "Sail Away" by David Gray
74. "Satellite Heart" by Anya Marina
75. "The Scientist" by Coldplay
76. "Secret" by Maroon 5
77. "Sensible Heart" by City & Colour
78. "Set Fire To The Third Bar" by Snow Patrol
79. "Sex On Fire" by Kings of Leon
80. "Shadowboxer" by Fiona Apple



81. "She's Long Gone" by The Black Keys
82. "Shiver" by Maroon 5
83. "Sin Wagon" by The Dixie Chicks
84. "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" by John Mayer
85. "Slow Like Honey" by Fiona Apple
86. "Somersault" by Decoder Ring
87. "Sometime Around Midnight" by The Airborne Toxic Event
88. "Soon We'll Be Found" by Sia
89. "Strange Times" by The Black Keys
90. "The Step & The Walk" by The Duke Spirit



91. "The Sun" by Maroon 5
92. "Three Libras" by A Perfect Circle
93. "Too Afraid To Love You" by The Black Keys
94. "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne
95. "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon
96. "Why Georgia" by John Mayer
97. "Let's See It" by We Are Scientists
98. "Wicked Games" by Stone Sour
99. "The Widow" by The Mars Volta
100. "Your Heart Is As Black As Night" by Melody Gardot 

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know the majority of these, having my odd musical taste and all, but I would probably include "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing" on my list, too.

    More importantly, I am in love with Melody Gardot and your inclusion of "Your Heart Is as Black as Ice" automatically earns this list my stamp of approval. I don't know how I would pare down her discography for the purpose of a list like this. I'd be tempted to select everything she's ever recorded, or at least, everything of hers that I've got in my library (there are a handful of guest appearances and bonus tracks, etc., that haven't had a U.S. release to date).

    Out of curiosity, what was the specific goal that you completed with this list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really have a specific goal in mind. It was on someone else's 101 list and I thought it would be cool to do so in 10 years or so I could look back and see what I was listening to. I know if I had done one of these back when I was 23, there would only be a handful of the same songs on there. Just as I'm sure it will change 10 years down the road.

    Also, I'm seriously tired and just realized I'm rambling like an idiot. Off to bed for the sleepy girl!

    ReplyDelete